Popular Posts

Friday 15 November 2013

Slow Cooker Granola/Muesli

I thank my sister-in-law for introducing me to this easy way of making granola.  The oven method I had used previously deterred me from making it often.



Slow Cooker Granola/Muesli
7 cups of large flake rolled oats (if you have other flakes on hand, you can use them too)
2 cups of mixed seeds and chopped nuts (includes almonds, coconut, sunflower seeds, etc)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup liquid sweetener (honey, maple syrup or brown sugar with 2 Tbsp of water to liquefy)
salt to taste (I don't usually add any)

Mix all together into ungreased slow cooker and turn on HIGH for 45 minutes.  Stir.  Reduce to LOW power for 30 minutes (or less if you see the edges turning more than golden brown).

Add chopped apricots, raisins or other dried fruits to taste and stir in.  Once cooled, store in an air tight container and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.