Popular Posts

Monday 26 November 2012

My Outfit for December


In my last post I referred to someone who wore the same dress for a month to raise awareness of poverty.  With her permission I am doing something similar.  Instead of a dress, I have chosen to wear my black wool skirt, a black wool sweater and a snakeskin print shirt every day in December.  I will change into different sleepwear.
   I chose this outfit for a number of reasons:
  • Wool is a natural and durable fibre worn throughout the centuries and which remains important in developing countries without factory-made clothing.
  • These clothes will be able to be washed and dried overnight in order to wear them again the next day.  I do not have a dryer.
  • It is simple.
  • It would not look out of place to work or at church.
  • Except for the shirt, each item has been in my closet for at least three years and was purchased at a second-hand store.

   There are numerous agencies that help the poor close to home or the poor far away.  If you like what I am doing, please make a donation of any amount to an agency you trust.  To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.