Popular Posts

Saturday 6 April 2013

A Few of My Favourite (Handmade) Things

I'm a big fan of C.S. Lewis' Narnia series of books.  One of the landmarks in this fantasy world is a lantern in the middle of the woods.  For one my birthdays, my husband designed and crafted this lamp for my night table.


A wedding tradition from the Netherlands is that the bride carries a little purse made of the same fabric as her dress.  The silver clasp and chain are often passed down from generation to generation; sister to sister.  That means that after my wedding I could not keep the purse.  However, my mother kindly purchased a clasp and chain for each of us and at Christmas gave me the purse to keep.


My mother-in-law gave me this crocheted scarf she had made.  It shades of green match nicely with my white top and black pants.








The simple necklace with a ceramic charm bears the imprint of my son's running shoe from seventh grade.  A bookmark made by my daughter in Grade 2 still marks my place in the Bible.  

 The dragonfly on terra cotta clay made by my other daughter in Grade 3 hangs in our main floor bathroom.

A Christmas runner quilted by a parent of one of my students is too beautiful to put away for 11 months of the year, so I have hung it on my bedroom door.  She told me it was made with many prayers, so when I wake up each morning and see it, I feel inspired.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.