Some of the impressions I included in this letter were as follows:
- The best investment for the poor is education so that they can become leaders.
- I need to stop answering questions that are not addressed to me.
- What a great deal we can do when we work together; stop being a lone ranger.
- I felt a sense of connection to the teams before and after as well an American team that was building churches and stayed at the same guest house as we did.
- I felt a burden to pray for missionaries more fervently.
Two commitment arose from this trip, which I both wrote in the letter and have begun to do:
- Give greater priority to missionaries/mission work in the charitable donations my husband and I make.
- Offer free editing to a seminary student for whom English is a second language. A talent I had previously used only as a source of income can also be shared to help build up God's church worldwide.
"Establish the work of our hands for us--yes, establish the work of our hands." Psalm 90: 17b